Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 14, 2006

First Visit to the Dentist


Unfortunately we don't have a picture to go with this (forgot my camera), but Eric attended his first ever visit with the dentist today. Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to find the dental office waiting room had a big play house in the center of it. There were also a couple open-palm hand chairs and a television screen playing some animated show. While I filled out paperwork, Eric crawled in and out of the house and swung the doors open and shut. Once we were ushered in to the Mickey Mouse examination room, we were surrounded by plush Mickey Mouse dolls hanging from the ceiling, Mickey Mouse posters lining the walls, a Mickey Mouse doormat covering the floor and even a television donning Mickey Mouse ears. After only a minute, a young, spectacled Dr. Lee entered the room and introduced himself. We chatted for a little while, he played pass the toothbrush with Eric and even gave Eric Mickey Mouse sunglasses to wear (which he quickly pulled off). He performed a lap-to-lap examination and cleaning -- where Eric straddled my lap facing me, laid back and then rested his head on Dr. Lee's lap. Without complaining or crying, Eric allowed Dr. Lee to look into his mouth, clean his teeth, floss and apply fluoride. He did try to grab the tools Dr. Lee used, but I managed to contain his arms. Afterwards, Dr. Lee gave us some tips on dental care, along with a toothbrush, and we were on our way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Two For The Road said...

Flouride?

Holy shit... pretty soon you're gonna be letting him eat sugared cereal and white bread, too!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Blair Carroll said...

White bread? Not if I can help it! I wish my dentist was all decked out with Mickey. I might not be so nervous. Then again, it could be a bit creepy...
Glad Eric was such a brave, big boy!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Two For The Road said...

Andrea's got Wonder Bread issues. I was just wondering if it would get passed down. ;)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home